THE BENEFITS OF REIKI
Everyone has healing energy in their hands. What is the first thing you do when you cut or hurt yourself? You instinctively put your hands on it. This eases the pain and starts the healing process. Reiki elevates your current healing ability to new levels, providing wellness and balance from within. It is a simple and safe way to help yourself and others. Following is a list of benefits Reiki offers to the body, mind, and spirit:
- Reiki lifts the spirits and brings balance to all aspects of the body mind, and spirit.
- Reiki reduces stress and anxiety by quieting mental chatter and calming the emotions so you feel peaceful, centered and rejuvenated.
- Reiki flows out through the hands, so you do not receive other people’s negative energy.
- Reiki is safe to use any time on anybody, any time. You can use it on yourself, others, plants, pets, and products.
- Reiki works to heal the cause of imbalance and eliminate it.
- Reiki may be combined with other therapeutic and healing techniques.
- Reiki does not conflict with medical procedures or medication. It may be used to relieve pain and speed up the healing process.
- Reiki is not a religion and does not conflict with religious beliefs.
- Used regularly, Reiki helps to lessen the affects of daily stressors and protect you from absorbing unwanted energies.
- Once you are attuned to Reiki, you are attuned for life.
THE THREE LEVELS OF REIKI
Reiki involves three levels, or degrees, of energy activation called attunements. Each degree promotes an expanded consciousness and amplifies the universal healing energy beyond the previous level. Reiki attunements are performed by a Reiki master teacher to open and connect a student to universal healing energy on all levels of the physical, mental, emotional, and spirit bodies. Each attunement provides a clearing of the person’s current energy in order to raise his or her vibration to the next level.
FIRST DEGREE (REIKI LEVEL 1)
First degree or level 1 Reiki allows for hands-on healing. This includes first-level energy attunements and instructions on how to perform hands-on treatments on yourself and others. With regular use of level 1, unhealthy habits and practices that do not resonate with your new energy level may naturally move out of your life. It is recommended that you wait at least two weeks before receiving your Reiki 2, second-level attunements.
SECOND DEGREE (REIKI LEVEL 2)
Second degree or level 2 Reiki allows for distance healing. This level amplifies the level 1 Reiki healing energy to a higher degree. This training enables you to provide full-body treatments from a distance. You learn to clear emotional and mental energy as well as physical spaces. Second-degree Reiki has a profound effect on your overall well-being, bringing more balance to the emotional self and body/mind connection. It is recommended that you practice consistently on yourself and wait six months to a year before going to the Reiki master level.
THIRD DEGREE (REIKI MASTER)
Third degree or Reiki master level allows you to activate others. This level promotes an expanded consciousness and amplifies the universal healing energy beyond the previous level. Master level is for those who have a calling to work on a broader scale of healing and teaching. At level 3 you are able to attune others to Reiki levels 1, 2, and 3. Once you receive your attunements, the more you practice on yourself the better you will feel and the easier it will be to share your experience and sell this service. Practicing three to four times a week will help you maintain balance daily. When you take time to heal yourself first, you become the example others want to follow. Occasionally you will find that someone does not respond to your treatment. This is fine; you are only the facilitator and are not responsible for their healing. It is up to each person to heal themselves. You provide the opportunity, and clients either respond to the energy or they do not.
CHOOSING A REIKI MASTER TEACHER
If you are interested in offering Reiki treatments to clients, you must have proper Reiki training by a certified Reiki master teacher. Because energy work is very intimate, select a teacher who makes you feel comfortable. This person will be your mentor, and you want to feel safe going to them when you have questions. Once attuned, you will be energetically connected to this person for life. Money should not be the key factor in choosing your teacher. More important is the teacher’s character and experience in teaching Reiki. Following are some important questions to ask:
- Is your Reiki master a good example of his or her work, both inside and out?
- Does this person practice Reiki regularly on himself or herself?
- How much teaching has this person done?
- Does he or she specialize in teaching a certain target market?
- How long did this teacher take for his or her progression to Reiki master? Remember that it takes at least two weeks between attunements to acclimate to your new energy level. It is preferable to find a teacher who has followed and teaches by these guidelines as well. Although weekend courses have become available in the recent past, attuning people in two or three of the levels without waiting in between is contrary to Dr Usui’s teachings. Beware of teachers who claim their Reiki is “better” or the “authentic” Reiki. Dr. Usui was the original source for Reiki training. When you are accessing universal life-force energy, you cannot improve on this energy—there is no “better.” Someone who is trying to convince you that his or her way is better is coming from linear, left-brain programming and not the original Usui teachings.